From a Management Consultant, to University Professor…to The Lurnist. Doing What I Love…..
Yes! I was a consultant, a trainer, a university professor. I loved all of it, but it wasn’t enough. I couldn’t reach enough people, or do the kind of work that I am passionate about on my terms. So I started The Lurnist. Now I put all of my experience and skills to work for entrepreneurs, professionals and small business owners. I help the people that I enjoy working with build their business or brand by teaching them the ins and outs of launching online courses, making their goals achievable.
I try to have as much fun as possible. You will hear me laugh during webinars, my podcast and trainings – its not that I am not a serious person, I really am when it comes to my business, and yours for that matter – but I love to laugh
Okay, Okay, Who the Heck am I?
- I have the best husband in the world, and we live a great life of golf, boating and travel with our two dogs, Maddy and Bobo
- I live in Phoenix, AZ (current location, who knows, that could change!)
- I am addicted to podcasts – I listen to them nonstop while working, walking, driving..uhhh when don’t I?
- I mentor entrepreneurs at Seed Spot and Galvanize – love the Social and Tech Entreprenuers!
- I love to cook, and you can find me cooking in front of my favorite Netflix binge series every evening – It’s my Zen.
- 20+ years as a management consultant
- 10 years as a university professor teaching and developing online project management and information technology courses
- I still teach online courses at Stanford University and the University of Washington
- MBA from Columbia University – Shout out to New York City!
Maybe its just me, but I loooove♥ to teach. My husband is always saying that I am a perpetual student. I take that as a compliment! You can’t teach unless you are learning. I learn something new everyday.
Thanks for your willingness to answer questions in and out of class and for genuinely wanting us to understand the material.
I was incredibly surprised how much I participated. I would definitely take a course by Debra again. You are not only getting an instructor with expertise and experience, but your also getting an instructor who is organized, savvy with tech and a great sense of humor!! Such an awesome course!